Achasta Golf Club Local Rules
- The use of USGA Conforming Electronic Measuring Devices is acceptable. (Rule 14-3)
- The ball the player plays must be named on the current list of Conforming Golf Balls issued by the United States Golf Association.
- Time of Starting/Late to Tee: Rule 6-3a: “The players shall start at the time prescribed by the committee.” The penalty for breach of Rule 6-3a is disqualification. However, it is a condition of the competition that if players arrive at their starting point ready to play within five minutes after their starting time, in the absence of circumstances which warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification as provided in Rule 33-7, the penalty for failure to start on time is two strokes at the first hole in stroke play and loss of hole in match play instead of disqualification.
- Ground Under Repair: Enclosed white line areas define ground under repair. The white lines are considered in ground under repair. Other areas of ground under repair, even though not so marked include: A. French drains (trenches filled with stones or the like) B. Fire ant beds and mounds.
- Water Hazards: Defined by yellow lines and designated by yellow stakes. When both stakes and lines are present, the stakes identify the hazard and the lines define the margin.
- Lateral Water Hazards: Defined by red lines and designated by red stakes. When both stakes and lines are present, the stakes identify the hazard and the lines define the margin.
- Result of the Competition: When all the scores have been posted on the official scoreboard and approved by the Rules Committee, the result of the competition is deemed to have been officially announced.
- Lifting an Embedded Ball: The “EMBEDDED BALL RULE” as written in Appendix I, page 93 is in effect “through the green.”
- If you have a question about a ruling anywhere on the course, play two balls and the Tournament Committee will make a decision after the round. Or call the golf shop and they will get a Marshall to you. (706) 867-7900
- At any time you feel there is a chance your ball is lost or out-of-bounds, hit a provisional to keep up the pace of play. Remember, if you find your original ball you must play it.
- Decisions on lift, clean and place will be made each morning of the Tournament.
- A free drop allows you one club length no closer to the hole. A drop after a penalty stroke allows two club lengths no closer to the hole.
#1 & #18 The Green stakes are to be treated the same as red stakes with the exception that players are not allowed to play a ball on the construction side of the stakes line. The penalty is one stroke and the player may drop within two club lengths of where the ball crossed the green line and no closer to the hole.
#9 The Bridge is a man made immovable structure, therefore you receive one free club length no closer to the hole for obstruction of stance and/or swing. No free drop for line of sight, you must play the ball as it lies in that situation.
#18 The pump house on the left side by the road is a man made immovable structure, therefore you receive one free club length no closer to the hole for obstruction of stance and/or swing. No free drop for line of sight, you must play the ball as it lies in that situation.
#4 & #15 Hit a provisional ball if you feel your ball may be lost on the green side of the hole so that you do not have to drive back to the fairway to hit another ball. If your ball is found on the far side and is in the hazard, you must either play it as it lies or revert to the provisional ball. These two holes also have Blue stakes with prisms on top of them to give you yardage to the river, and to carry the river.
#15 Optional Ball Drop on this hole.