ACHASTA 2016 YEAR IN REVIEW & POA DUES
Dear Achasta Resident
2016 was a year of change. The Kingwood Development Group has been working hard to get Achasta back to community standards. This has made for a very busy year for accomplishing the needs of all Homeowners. We are beginning construction on new homes in the coming year and look forward to a successful 2017.
We have highlighted below some of the projects that were completed in 2016 by the POA and by the Kingwood Development Group.
POA Community Improvements:
- Negotiated new landscaping contracts with New Leaf Landscaping Services.
- Painted Main Gate Guard House and conditioned the cedar roofing.
- To provide better and more secure service Achasta has now taken over the contract for operation of the guard house and the entrance gates.
- Major repairs to both entrance gates as well as software upgrades.
- New Toro maintenance equipment for the Achasta Community.
- Updating and Painting road signs.
Though many people often confuse POA Dues with Operational Expenses they are not related and your POA Dues belong to the Association’s and the financial well being thereof.
The improvements listed below were paid for by the Kingwood Development Group and not paid for out of the POA budget.
Achasta Operational Improvements:
- New 2016 Toro Golf Maintenance equipment.
- New 2016 Club Car Precedent Golf Cart Fleet with custom seats.
- New Pool furniture.
- New Roof Tops on the Clubhouse, Cart Facility & Pool House using high end luxury roofing products with a life time warranty.
- Remodeled the interior of the Clubhouse to include new tvs, high top tables, chairs & flooring.
- Painted exterior of the Clubhouse, Cart Facility & Pool House.
- Replaced rotted wood on the exterior of the Clubhouse, Cart Facility & Pool House.
- Resurfaced all 4 tennis courts along with new Achasta logo windscreens and nets.
- New Golf Cart Paths on the golf course.
- Refinished all golf course signage.
- Achasta River Park enhancements to include new Gazebo, kids pirate ship play set & fire pit.
- New Achasta.com website. This site features new member log-in tool for Account Balances, Member Payments, Tee Time Bookings & more.
Capital improvements for the community and expenses that need to be covered in the future are as follows:
- Repaving of roads (top coating)
- General infrastructure and storm drainage maintenance
- Road striping and top coating
- Bear Paw Connector Bridge general maintenance
- Updated Lighting for the Achasta Entrance
The main reason for the increase in dues is to build the reserve fund to accomplish the capital improvements listed above.
2017 POA DUES:
COMMUNITY: 2017 POA Dues will be $1500.00 due in January. Your POA Dues invoice will by mailed the first week of 2017.
The 2017 POA annual meeting is schedule for the first quarter of 2017. A seperate email will be sent once the date is secured.
President, Resort Division – Kingwood International Resorts